How to Ride the Wave
• Try to arrive at the bus stop at least 10 minutes early, buses may run a few minutes early or late depending on weather, traffic and other factors.
• Stops are identified by grey posts with blue stripes.
• Stand at the bus stop and clearly let the driver know you want to Ride THE WAVE.
• Please have exact change ready when you board. Drivers do not make change. If you wish to have a change card issued, please let the driver know as you board the bus.
• Customers using mobility devices such as wheelchairs or scooters must allow the devices to be secured in the designated areas on the bus.
• For the safety of all passengers, baby strollers must be folded while on THE WAVE.
• By law, all customers must remain behind the white line on the bus.
• Please keep your hands and feet inside the bus at all times.
• Listen for your stop announcement and pull the cord over the window in advance of where you would like to get off the bus.
• Injuries: All injuries must be immediately reported to the driver or manager on duty and should be reported to the NRTA within 24 hours of occurrence. Names, address and telephone numbers of other passengers or witnesses must be provided to the NRTA. Unreported injuries sustained while traveling on NRTA vehicles may not be acknowledged at later dates. NRTA is not responsible for injuries, which result from the unsafe acts of passengers. Passengers should remain seated until the bus comes to a complete stop.
• Before you disembark, please make sure you have all your belongings with you. The Nantucket Regional Transit Authority is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged property. Please report items lost by calling us at (508) 325-9571.